Yesterday I was asked what is Xojo and why should you use it. So if you don't know what Xojo is or why you should use it, maybe here a few points:
- Xojo is easy to learn, especially much easier than C++ or Java.
- Xojo comes with a learning curriculum, several manuals and webinars to watch.
- Xojo comes with a cross platform GUI framework, so no need to learn Cocoa, Win32 and GTK+ and no need to license QT or similar frameworks for C++.
- Xojo Apps are free to distribute, as you only pay license fee once for your Xojo license.
- Xojo comes with a graphical interface designer, so anyone can layout a window or webpage.
- Xojo builds desktop apps for Mac, Windows and Linux from one project.
- Xojo builds web apps to run on web servers and they offer cloud hosting.
- Xojo can build apps to run on Raspberry Pi and other cheap computers.
- Xojo can build mobile apps for iOS and soon Android.
- Xojo comes with a debugger, which allows to inspect variables, step through code and monitor multiple threads.
- Xojo can share code between projects, so you can use same classes in web, desktop and mobile projects.
- Xojo comes with a community of friendly developers which help newbies.
- Xojo provides localized resources in English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portugueses, Chinese and Japanese.
- Xojo can connect to various databases.
Choose between six built in database interfaces or 14 ones via MBS SQL Plugin.
- Xojo runs a big conference in USA every year and we run a European conference in Germany.
- Xojo is a company, where you can actually meat engineers and CEO and discuss Xojo topics in person.