For 2018 we change a few little things on the pricing/licenses.
- For our FileMaker plugin we add a new tier 100 seats and move up the price for unlimited seats in a company. To secure old pricing, you can update in advance in 2017.
- For updates we will only accept update order until 12 months after a license expired. We usually recommend to extend maintenance at the time the license expires. If you miss that 12 month deadline, you have to buy a new license. There may be a transition period where we remind all people with expired licenses to update.
- We already implemented trial licenses and use those to give new users a way to try the plugin for a month without getting warnings about missing license keys. This allows better testing, especially on projects with server software.
- For 2018 we plan to offer the option to get subscriptions for the plugin. Which simply means that Paypal or Share-It or we directly will automatically bill you for updates unless cancelled. Simply a way to make ordering easier and not miss to update in time. The license will be perpetual as usually and continue to work, even if you cancel the subscription.
- Some clients already have maintenance contracts. They define what licenses get automatically issued and billed as well as what support service is included. If you like to get such a contract, you can contact us.
- Plugin business is growing nicely over the years. For 2018 we may be finally at the point where we can add staff. So I am looking forward to get another C++ developer and maybe someone for writing tutorials. This may be a lot of work to make some processes available to be run by several people instead of just one or two, but I hope this will get sorted out quickly.
- On the trip in the UK the main political topic has been Brexit. Nobody knows yet what the conditions for my sales to the UK will be in 2019 as well as how much value the pound will have. But to secure todays pricing, you can order MBS Plugin licenses and updates for up to 5 years in the future.
- Due to changes in Xojo 2017r3, all Xojo customers must upgrade to 17.5 plugin (for 64-bit DLL fix).
- All FileMaker users need to upgrade to recent plugin version if they plan to use next FileMaker version. While older versions may work, we fixed issues and I would hate if you waste time debugging them once again. FileMaker Cloud should only be used with 7.5 and forward (Linux linking problem got fixed).