Nickenich, Germany - MonkeyBread Software today is pleased to announce MBS FileMaker Plugin 4.0 for Mac OS X or Windows, the latest update to their product that is easily the most powerful plugin currently available for FileMaker Pro. As the leading database management solution for Windows, Mac, and the web, the FileMaker Pro Integrated Development Environment supports a plugin architecture that can easily extend the feature set of the application. MBS FileMaker Plugin 4.0 has been updated and now includes over 2200 different functions, and the versatile plugin has gained more new functions:
- For PDFKit on Mac OS X we added functions to print PDFs directly without dialogs to a printer. If that printer is a fax, you may also be able to fax the PDF. Various options can be controlled like the target printer, page format or the fax number.
- With new functions for QuickTime on Mac OS X you can open movie files, query metadata and create preview pictures. Also you can play sound files directly.
- For Mac OS X we have a new function for the webviewer. You can directly print the current website to a PDF file and archive it.
- For DynaPDF, our cross platform PDF engine, we have new functions related for form fields. You can query field information, get and set form values. Functions for bookmarks help you manage the list of content. You can add clickable link areas in your PDF to point to a website (URL) or to a page of your current PDF. For Windows we can generate previews for PDF files for showing them in a container. Our text highlighting function got improvements to handle case insensitive searches and ignore accents for better search results. Finally we have parse content function so you can extract the commands needed to draw a page.
- The CURL functions for upload, download or email sending can now handle PDFs much easier. The function Process.IsRunning can check if a certain application is running. For our global variables defined by the plugin you can now get the list of all variables.
- New JSON functions allow the querying of objects much easier. You can now create SHA512/256 HMAC hashes much easier, often used for passwords on web services.