NICKENICH, Germany (April 28th, 2009) -- Monkeybread Software releases version 9.3 of the MBS plug-in for REALbasic. The MBS plug-in comprises a collection of several plug-in parts which extend the REALbasic development environment with 1500 classes featuring over 29000 documented functions.
The plug-ins require REALbasic 5.5 or newer. Also required are 300 MB hard disc space and around 64 MB of RAM in addition to the requirements of REALbasic and your operation system itself. While all plug-in parts compile on Mac OS 8.x, Mac OS 9.x, Mac OS X (universal), Linux and Windows, each function may depend on additional system requirements to work successfully.
Plugin licenses are available for components or for the complete collection. Starting at 20 Euro (+VAT) for one component. The complete package costs 196 Euro (+VAT) for commercial usage.
If you buy a current license, you will get free updates for one year. After that year, you can update your license to cover an additional year.
The plugins can be downloaded on MBS' website as one big package or several smaller ones:
The online documentation can be found here:
A few of the new items in version 9.3:
* Added new SQL plugin for accessing multiple SQL databases (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, DB2, Sybase, Informix, InterBase, SQLBase, MySQL, PostgreSQL and ODBC, SQLite).
* Added new GraphicsMagick plugin
* Updated SQLAPI to sqlapi-3.7.28rc3
* Updated DynaPDF to version 184.108.40.2065.
* Updated LCMS Library to version 1.18.
* Updated ChartDirector to version 5.0.1
* Added more filter functions to the PictureMBS class: UnsharpFilter, BoxBlurFilter, TransferFilter, GammaFilter, StampFilter, SolarizeFilter, GainFilter and DitherFilter.
* Added more LCMS classes and functions.
* Added methods to QTKitMovieMBS to work with REALbasic movies.
* Added QTMovieExporterMBS.SetSoundFormat.
* Added MacShowAboutBoxMBS function.
* Added SystemInformationMBS.Is64bitWindows.
* Improved ScreenshotRectMBS.
* Removed support for Mac OS Classic and Mac OS Carbon PEF targets.
* Removed support for REALbasic versions before 2006r4.
* More CoreGraphics methods are console safe.
And a lot of small changes&fixes requested by our users.
Read the complete release notes here:
For questions and announcements you may subscribe to our email list at
http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/realbasic/mailinglist.shtml or visit
the list archive at